Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it: Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.

I've been wanting to join in on the saw it, pinned it, did it fun with Beautiful Mess and Keep Calm & Carry On for a few weeks and finally had some time to complete a Pinterest project last week!

I have been dying to try this Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark and it seemed like the perfect Thanksgiving "pickie" for family to snack on. It was super easy to make and is really tasty!!

I apologize in advance for the iphone pictures. I was at my parents house without my camera!

What you will need:
  • bag of mini pretzel twists

  • 2 sticks of butter

  • 1 cup of brown sugar

  • 1 bag of chocolate chips

  • Sea salt or table salt


  • Steps:

    Line a jellyroll  pan with tin foil and arrange pretzels on pan


    Make caramel by combining butter and brown sugar. Be sure to stir constantly (aka don't ruin any pots)until caramel begins to thicken and stick. Preheat your oven to 350 while caramel is forming.

    Next, pour caramel onto pretzels and bake for 5 minutes.



    Next, spread chocolate chips evenly over the caramel




    Put the pan back in the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the chips melt.
    When you pull the pan out, cover with "chunky" sea salt. 

    (thanks Ma for the assistance!)


    Finally, put the pans in the freezer so the bark "hardens". I actually put the pans on our porch because it was cold enough outside and the freezer was stocked with Turkey Day goodies.

    After the bark hardens, break the bark apart and arrange in a cookie tin!

    Next time I make this recipe, I will not use salted pretzels and sea salt. I will use unsalted pretzels next time. It turned out a little too salty (yes, even for this preggo).

    Enjoy!!

    P.S. I'll be back tonight for the weekly bumpdate! I was freaking out the begining of this week with thesis writing but I'm finally done!! I took the picture Monday, just didn't have time to update. Can't wait until school is done in two weeks (FOREVER) and I can have time to do *my own things*, seeing friends more, dates with hubs, blogging and pinterest crafting!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment