Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Better late than never- 25 week bumpdate

On Monday February 18th, I was 25 weeks pregnant! Yesterday I met the 6 and 1/2 month mark at 26 weeks!! 14 weeks to go until we meet our little man.

 Last week's post is late due to a minor plague I am currently battling. Having sickies while pregnant is NOT fun at all- you can't take anything for symptom relief!



My fur-child looks miserable in the pic above. I promise he's not! He was just upset that I picked him up in the middle of a major game of chase the tennis ball. Seriously, when I interrupt his game, I'm the worst fur-mom ever.

Total weight gain: On Sunday at the end of my 25th week I had gained a total of 12 pounds. Back on track!
How big is the baby? : Baby C is as big as an eggplant (about 9 inches tall and 2 lbs!)
Maternity clothes: A mix of both maternity and non maternity tops, but all maternity bottoms. I'm currently shopping for a few pretty maternity spring dresses to get me through the end of my pregnancy.
Stretch marks?: Nope! Thanks to Palmers- haven't seen one!
Sleep:  Eh- sleep is interesting. Some nights I sleep like a rock and some nights I wake up and can't fall back to sleep. I've been sleeping with my pillow on my side to prop up the belly, which has helped me get comfy. Hubs had the plague I currently have last week so he had some sleepless nights that kept me up as well.
Best moment this week: Having a craft-tastic weekend with Colin's Aunt Julie! My BFF came to visit on Saturday and we got pedi's then crafted some adorable things for Colin's room. Everything turned out SO wonderful thanks to my super talented best. Below is a sneak peak! I can't wait to see his room come together. 
Big brother, Dutch helping out by laying on the felt for the mobile. He's keeping an eye on the paint supplies for us. 



























Canvas wall art for above the dresser. Sneak peak of the color scheme!



























Adorable elephant mobile. We saw one on etsy for $95 and decided we could re-create something similar!



























Movement:  Lots of it! Colin is kicking and flipping all over the place. I love feeling him move and will often sit with my hands on my belly just to feel him move.
Food cravings: Still loving frozen yogurt!

Food aversions: Still not a fan of meat and seafood. I thought I was over the seafood aversion but I ate a scallop this weekend and got queasy. 
Labor signs: No way!
Belly button in or out: still have an innie- but I think I'm going to be an outtie in a few weeks.
What I miss:  Running and having energy. I took last week off from the gym due to time crunches, work schedules and sicknesses in our house. I am hoping that I feel better tomorrow so that I can get back in the gym and get some energy bursts from workouts. I feel sluggish and lazy!

Pregnancy Symptoms: Nothing new this week. Still have a lot of HEARTBURN, stiff back/legs by the end of the day and frequent bathroom breaks. I also am noticing that its getting harder and harder to eat a full meal. I need to eat smaller, more frequent meals to avoid feeling like a stuffed turkey. 
What I'm looking forward to: Colin's nursery furniture should be here in the next two weeks! I can't wait to see it in his room!! I'm also looking forward to seeing our good friends Kristin and Chip this weekend. They are expecting their little boy in a few short weeks! 














1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Keep on growin', baby C!
    You should check out Zulily.com - they have so many adorable maternity clothes, and the prices can't be beat!
    Thanks for a great weekend! -J

    ReplyDelete