Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

17 weeks and a Christmas picture post

I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays with their family and friends as much as we did. We had an absolutely amazing Christmas this year. We left for my parents house last Saturday and got to spend 5 full days celebrating. Saturday we finished some last minute shopping and spend the night enjoying our annual "White Christmas" movie. Mom and I know every word and song after all these years. Sunday we went to church and then watched the Eagles and Ravens games at a local bar with the baby brother.  On Christmas Eve we drove down to my sister in law's house to spend time with the Robinson side of the family. It was so nice to get to spend some time with them. This was the first Christmas/Christmas Eve we've done that together- it will definitely be a tradition moving forward. Our nieces were so adorable tracking santa online. He was in Yemen when we arrived. ;)

After spending the afternoon with the Robinson's we headed back to my parents for our traditional Christmas Eve dinner with my Mom's side of the family. We have a huge spread and then do our annual Pollyanna gift exchange. I got a beautiful pair of earrings and hubs got some whiskey rocks and a Battle of the Sexes game. Super fun!  The rest of the night we caught up with family and by the end of the night everyone was playing Battle of the Sexes- the girls won! Way to go Mom and Aunts!!


Christmas Day is always very low key. We wake up, open gifts and lounge in pjs until it's time for dinner. Mom makes a YUMMY Christmas dinner (fillet, parmesan potatoes, green beans and steakhouse salad) and we watch movies. It's so relaxing and I love the quiet tradition.



Seventeen weeks: December 24th, 2012 


This week we were traveling to see family so the bump picture isn't in front of our dry erase board. Baby can yawn, twist, roll and punch!

Total weight gain: As of Monday it was about 3 lbs. Now that I spent the week eating it's probably a bit more but I'm heading to the gym today!
How big is the baby? : Baby R is the size of a sweet potato!
Maternity clothes: Still trying to utilize as many of my pre-preggo clothes as possible and buying non maternity things I can wear again next year (ahem- long sweaters). Wearing the belly band,  rocking a few maternity shirts and a lot of tunic sweaters, leggings and boots. Mom got me some maternity clothes for work for Christmas that I'm sure I'll be wearing very soon. The bump is getting bigger!
Stretch marks?: Not yet... Using Palmer's stretch mark cream daily!
Sleep: Getting a little better! I am using a pillow between my legs which seems to be helping. I'm finding myself on my back a few times a night which I need to figure out how to stop.  Might buy a maternity pillow this weekend.
Best moment this week: Spending time with family and showing off the bump! I also got to hear baby's heartbeat last Friday, which is always a special treat! <3
Movement:  I feel little flutters. :)
Food cravings: Nothing crazy- carbs I guess is the thing I "want" the most. Trying to avoid the bad ones and stick to whole wheat! Those Christmas cookies were calling my name this week!
Food aversions: Shrimp aversion remains consistent, thought it might be gone but couldn't stomach them on Christmas Eve.

Labor signs: No way Jose
Belly button in or out: In
What I miss:  I'm not missing anything too much. On Christmas it might have been nice to have a glass of Champagne but that's about all!

Pregnancy Symptoms: bigger boobies, bigger butt, stiff legs/back when I first stand up, thirst and the occasional bad headache. Nothing I can't handle! I am feeling more "pregnant" this week than ever before- I am sure that will continue weekly until little one comes.
What I'm looking forward to: Finding out the sex on January 12th!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment