Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Linkup: The facts of Caitlin

I'm linking up with Whitney over at I wore yoga pants to work for a fun facts post!


The Facts of Me

So here are a few little facts about me...

Fact- I wake up every weekday morning to my alarm and think "I am SO tired. I am sleeping until noon this weekend". Then the weekend rolls around and I wake up on my own by 7:30. I have never been much of a sleeper-iner, even as a lil' tyke.

Fact- I am obsessed with all types of parmesean cheese. Not the expensive shaved parmesean, the cheap stuff. Good old Kraft. I put boatloads on my pasta to the point where my husband questions my sanity. Despite the fact that we've been living together for 4 years, he still makes a comment every time we eat pasta. Get over it hubs, I'm an addict.

Fact- I am always cold. Even at 5 and 1/2 months preggo, I am constantly cold. I have a space heater in my office and have it on when it's 80 out in August. In the winter, I blast the heat in the car, forcing my husband to roll the window down for air. He loves me for that. ;) Our winter thermostat at home is set between 70 and 72, no exceptions.

Fact- I am lucky enough to love my career. I have a job that I enjoy waking up to go to each week. Yes, some days are frustrating and tough, as in any career, but I truly love what I do.

Fact- I hate doing dishes. Hate is a strong word and I don't use it often, but I HATE dishes. I made a deal with my husband when we got married- you do all the dishes and I do all the laundry. Smart move on my part- the clothes don't shrink or turn funky colors and I don't have to touch the dishes.

Fact- although I hate doing dishes, I love cleaning. Truly, I am one of those freaks of nature that enjoys cleaning. When my house is clean and organized, I feel like I have my S*it together. I clean at least one thing every day, sometimes two. I'm good at it, I get it done quickly- lucky for you hubs.

Fact- I am the first person to admit that although I am going to be a parent, I still need to be parented. Who doesn't? There is nothing wrong with calling M & D and saying "hey, what do you think about this?" or "hey, how do you do this?" or "what would you do if you were me in this situation".  I don't think you ever stop parenting, that's part of the job. I still call my parents daily and get a good dose of parenting. They are my best friends and my biggest supporters. I love their advice and hope to be as good a parent as they both are. Love ya!


Fact- I am truly eclectic when it comes to my taste in music. I know a lot of people say that, but I truly am. In the span of a typical day, I usually listen to multiple artists from the following genera's:  classic rock, motown,  hip hop- from the poppy stuff on the radio to the gangsta gangsta ;), top 40, modern rock and 90s alternative and hip hop. (P.S. it makes me feel old when the radio comes on and says "now for a classic throw back jam" and its a song I listened to in 9th grade...depressing).

Fact- I have a visual perceptual deficit  Layman's terms- I can't walk in a poker straight line and sometimes run into things like walls/furniture. I was diagnosed as a kiddo. It doesn't bother me in the least. However, it does lead to minor bumps and bruises. ;)

Fact- I moved to Maryland for my college boyfriend. When we broke up a month later, I was convinced it was the worst decision EVER to move for a guy. Then, shortly after, it lead me to my husband, whom is the best man on the face of the planet. He is my knight in shining armor (gag, I know). Good things happen when you least expect it.

Fact- As if you can't tell by the bumpdate posts, I can't wait to be a mama.

Fact- I believe in long lasting, true friendships. I have known each of my closest friends for several years, 3 of them my whole life. I think it is so important to put time into your closest friendships and nurture them. There is not one of my friends that I wouldn't give my left arm for, I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.

I think that's enough facts for now. Link on up with Whitney and show us what you are all about!

2 comments: