Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Over The Moon

To My smart, handsome, curious, funny and growing little boy:

I wanted to list some of the things that have my heart bursting for you at this moment. There are so many times each day that I find my mind wandering toward just how much I love you. It really is true what they say: the love you have for your child is insurmountable and it pulls at your heart like no other.

I love the way you say mama. Hearing it is like music to my ears.

I love when you do "ahh Mommy" or "ahh Daddy" and pet our cheeks while looking intently in our eyes. It's amazing.To me this is your way of saying "I love you too".

I love the way you love your "brother" Dutch. You ask about him often now, which is adorable.

Your curiosity. You need to know what is in/on/under anything and everything and you do whatever it takes to explore and learn about a new object.

Your sense of humor. You are so funny at such a young age! You think it's hilarious to put anything on your head and say "hat!". You also love to touch things you're not supposed to and give us the side eye with a smirk.

I love when we play "chase". You think its hysterical to be chased by Mommy. I say "I'm coming to get cha!" and you run away laughing.

I love the way you crash at the end of the day. When it's time for bed, you show it. You let us know that you've had a full day and are ready to sleep. You and Daddy are just alike.

I love how interested you are in reading books. It is by far your favorite thing to do. You love to turn the pages and point out things on the book that you find interesting.

Your words. They are adorable. You learn new ones all the time and hearing you talk to us is amazing.

I love your sense of wonder. When you learn something new (a word, what an object is, when we show you something) you think it is amazing.

The way you love to "clean up". It's in your genes.

I love the way you look to us for reassurance that whatever you are doing is ok.

I love your giggle. You crack yourself up sometimes out of nowhere.

There are so many more things I love about you (EVERYTHING!), but for now, I wanted to document these that have me over the moon for you. I love you to the moon and back!

Love,
Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment